Monday, April 30, 2012
Monday afternoon
I am going to toot my own horn for just a quick second....I purposely went out and ran 5 miles in the rain! At about 5:00 I noticed I had a redbox DVD that needed to be returned so I put on my running shoes and a hoodie and took off to redbox lol....I dropped it off and just kept running. It seriously felt so dang good. I have a new mix on the iPod that was PERFECT for that run and man it felt great! One thing I do really enjoy about running is the time it gives me to think about things. I noticed a quote on pinterest the other day that said something like "Don’t try to be someone else, enjoy who you are." To an extent I can agree with this. I am about to unleash a really mind-blowing thought....what if we didn’t just enjoy who we were but tried to also be the best version of ourselves and enjoy that?...I love knowing that change and improvement will never end. It’s a good feeling because changing for the better is a good feeling. It gives me something to work towards and look forward to. Things will get better if we want them to. If we do not believe that things will get better or can get better, we will have making things better.
There’s this book I recently have found called the 85% Solution. From the introduction: “Whether you admit it or not, you are accountable for everything you're involved with, whether it turns out good or bad. The outcome belongs to everyone who touched the project, not just to the ones who made mistakes." Filled with self-assessments, this book will encourage you to take the needed risk-taking actions to reach your goals and get you what you want. Galindo explains that you must become willing to answer for the outcomes that result from your choices and actions. By taking the three important steps outlined—be responsible for the success or failure of everything you do, empower yourself to succeed, and be accountable for your actions—you will have the keys to taking control of your own success.
Once we are able to accept no less than 85% of the responsibility for the outcomes of our actions, we will enjoy a happier and more productive life. This is the 85% Solution.
It’s a must read....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment